Top 10 Benefits of Purchasing a Kit Home
Kit homes are the newest entrant to the housing industry and are getting very popular in suburban areas as convenient living spaces. Also named as modular homes, these are prefabricated units that are used as per the requirement of home builders.
It has been increasingly chosen as alternative living spaces for the benefits that they provide. Here are the top ten benefits of purchasing one:
1. Flexibility in design: the modules, walls, units and blocks can be put together to make houses of various designs. These designs can first be analysed and tested on the computer and then put together to form a stand-alone house or a cabin house. Blocks of such homes can be stacked to form a multi-storey home.
2. Cost effective: another of the major benefits is the cost. Most are affordable and range between $50,000 and $200,000. Keep in mind; the price depends upon the design, storeys, rooms, size, materials used and certain other features. However, when compared to conventional homes, it is far more cost effective.
3. Easy DIY project: kit homes can be self-built with the help of the manuals, plans and instruction guides given. This saves the trouble and the costs of hiring a builder for the purpose.
4. Extension is easy: extending is easy as additional blocks can be added when convenient. This comes as a great benefit for those families that are initially tight on budget and cannot build large houses straight away.
5. Speedy Construction: kit homes can be created and erected quite quickly enabling families to start living within a few weeks of starting the construction of their home. Most are being prefabricated only need to be assembled, fixed and erected at the site. The speedy construction also helps in lowering the interest on finances that may have been taken for the construction.
6. Quality homes: kit homes are quality homes as they are made of prefabricated units that are produced in a factory in a controlled environment. This denotes that the lumbar used for the unit is not prone to damages caused due to weather or seasonal changes. Mould is not allowed to form on these units. This is in contrast to the stick-built homes that are constructed on-site.
7. Easy maintenance: You don’t need as much maintenance as conventional homes. It is made of steel are resistant to mould, pests, drastic weather changes and other factors. It does not require many repairs as compared to conventional homes.
8. Durable: The module-to-module concept provides them a rigid system that keeps them sturdy and strong. Also, the materials are produced separately to avoid hassle associated with travel and shipment.
9. Environment friendly: kit homes are environmentally friendly in the sense that they are produced in a factory with eco friendly materials. There is no noise pollution related to cutting and sawing of the units as the units are pre-built and packaged with instructions to assemble.
10. Multiple choices available: the internet provides a myriad of designs of for your home. This makes it easy to choose one according to your preference.
More and more families are choosing kit homes as alternative living spaces because of the above mentioned benefits, so take a look at what is on offer and consider a kit home today.
Tags: Environmentally Friendly
, Home Builders
, DIY Real Estate
, Kit Homes
, Flexible Home Designs
, Cost Effective Housing